Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Natural Texture



Hello, Friends! My card today was made with two different challenges in mind:
Hot Spot Challenge to use a natural element (twig) and
FabNFunky to use texture (embossing, twig, ribbon, and popped up birdie)
I’ve been seeing lots of birds at my feeders lately. It is cold and they want something in their tummies! DH and I take turned refilling the feeders – it’s a cold job but someone’s got to do it; so we alternate!!
Hope everyone gets a chance to stamp and make something fabulous today! I am going to start sorting through my books to see what I can leave behind when we move. And speaking of moving, I have a friend in Florida who wants me to come check out where she lives, Green Cove Springs. We have a trip planned – flying over on Feb. 21st – using Larry’s sky miles (even better!) – to see if it might suit us better than Mexico at this time. We’ll see what we see!!
Betty

13 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Beautiful card GF! How exciting... going to check Florida out! Hope you find it to suit your needs!

Payne Holler Cards said...

love this card!
enjoy Florida - hope you find something that's just perfect (-:

andrea said...

Pretty card,lovely background thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky
andrea

Kerrie said...

Very pretty card!... Now enjoy Florida.....

Sue McMahon said...

Hi Betty! We have a lot of birds at our feeders right now too. Brrr... I love your beautifully colored bird perched upon his branch! Thank you so much for joining us at The HotSpot Challenge!

Hugs
Sue

Myrna said...

Betty
This is adorable.
Myrna

Patti P. said...

Betty, what a wonderful job coloring your bird and love all the texture. I so enjoy watching the birds all year round. I hope your trip is fun and you soon find the perfect spot.

Colleen said...

Betty,
Your coloring is amazing! Love the twig. If you stay in the US it will be easier to get mail! :) I hope you find something in FL

redwasher1 said...

Love this beautiful colored bird!!

Janice M said...

Pretty card Betty! Hoping Fla works out for you!

Sharon said...

Beautiful card.
Thanks for joining us at Fab 'n' Funky this time, hope to see you again for the next challenge.
Sharon x

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Glad to see you are leaving all of your options open. Birds are extra hungry at my house also. Love this card, Betty!

Michelle Pearson said...

love the idea to use a twig on your card...perfect touch! thanks for playing the studio313 hotspot challenge! :)