Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Rejoice



Challenges Entered:
 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown -- Use at least three sparkly rhinestones
Crazy 4 Challenges -- Layer it On! use lots of layers and embellies
Sugar Creek Hollow -- Color combo of Cream, Blue and Brown
Do You Stack Up -- Use ribbons
Speedy Fox and Friends -- Use at least four layers
Repeat Impressions WHAT IF Wed. Sketch Challenge


I'm digging down into my stash of papers and trying to use different ones. These papers come from an old Stampin' Up designer paper pack that I inherited from a cousin years ago. I got so much paper at that time that it's hard to use even a little bit from each pattern! I really have NO NEED whatsoever to buy patterned paper but somehow it just calls my name and pulls me in!!

The stamp is from Layers of Color, Christmas Verses.
 
For embellishments I've used light blue rhinestones, flowers, ribbon, lace and a Martha Stewart branch punch.

This is my second post today. If you'd like to see my card for the Roses' January 2012 Challenge, please see previous post.

Thanks for your visit,
Betty




18 comments:

redwasher1 said...

So beautiful Betty, I love the DP and the colors. I also have a top of papers but still looking at more!!

Pat said...

The lace and bling work so well with the paper. Great colors used. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

Dawn B. said...

This is so pretty. I just love this verse. It is not one that I have heard before. I have a big old stash of paper but I am slowly getting it used up. Great job.

Payne Holler Cards said...

this is so beautiful! love the dp (and know what you mean - trying to use my stash too! maybe we are paper addicts LOL) and your embellishments are so lovely!
thanks for joining us at Speedy the Fox AND Sugar Creek Hollow (-:
best of luck in both challenges
hugs
Linda

WencheP said...

Beuatiful card. The bling and the roses looks so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

The Other Patti Sue said...

Keep digging girl... your finding some pretty papers! This is absolutely gorgeous!

Colleen said...

Betty,
This is beautiful! Love the sketch you used and all the embellishments.

Selma said...

This is gorgeous Betty. Isn't it terrible how we just keep collecting more and more dp. I'm like you, I just keep buying more.

Barbara Colbert said...

This is lovely!! Lots of great detail! Thanks for sharing with Speedy Fox and Friends!

Cheri said...

Gorgeous, Betty! I love those colors and how you gave them pop with that flower. Such a lovely card. Thanks for playing along with us over at Repeat Impressions.

Tammylee said...

Super cute! This is a great card love all the details. Thanks for playing with us this week at Speefdy Fox & Friends.

Tammylee

Patti P. said...

Betty, what a gorgeous card. I love this sentiment and your lace is such a beautiful touch. I too have too much paper, but it calls me as well and I have a difficult time resisting. Thanks for playing so faithfully with us at Sugar Creek Hollow.

Patti SCH/DT

Mynn xx said...

This is stunning! LOVE the sentiment and those flowers and lace are a beautiful touch! Thanks for joining us this week at 52CCT! :)

LeAnne said...

So pretty, Betty! I just found this Sugar Creek Hollow challenge---and there you were!

Jacqueline said...

Lovely card - thanks for joining in this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

Deborah Frings said...

I do like the papers you've used, the colours are soft and subtle, love the flowers too.

Kym Weber said...

So beautiful! The saying is so lovely! Love how you added the flowers, gems, ribbon and lace around the verse - so wonderful! And the papers are so pretty and perfect!

Designing with Debbie said...

Pretty card. Love the soft colors and all the elements. Thanks for playing along with us here at Speedy Fox and Friends challenge, we hope to see you again next week. Make sure to check out our challenge with Friends of SpeedyTV for more fun with Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.