Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Joy and Peace



This card was made for Lesley's Merry Monday Challenge #3. My stamp is from Layers of Color, Christmas Blessings and the papers are from a paper pack titled Magic of the Season. This was a sketch challenge, clean and simple, making an easily produced card -- except for the fussy cutting of the sentiment, of course!

I feel so sorry for all of my friends who are stuck in mounds of snow or shivering in low temps. We are enjoying a fairly mild winter (our lows are in the 50's at night and we all freeze so that shows you how wimpy we are!). We put up hummingbird feeders since our hibiscus are still fairly small and have had a lot of hummingbird traffic -- I can watch them from my craft desk! We have also had a larger bird who has been taking advantage of the sugar water. How he can get it, I don't know but he keep coming back for more. Also, I don't know what type of bird he is -- let me know if you can identify him.


Hope everyone can carve out some crafting moments today!
Betty



17 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Beautiful bird pictures! Almost as pretty as your card (0;

craftieodmae said...

your card is gorgeous, so is that bird, we still have BlueJays and Doves but that's about it, I want Spring and my birds back LOL!!!!!

Patti P. said...

This is such a gorgeous card....CAS but so wonderful. I am not sure what your bird is either, but he sure is pretty!!

Patti J said...

Very elegant card, Betty! The colors are beautiful, and I love that it's CAS....I must get better at that! Thanks for sharing!

Myrna said...

Betty
Such a pretty card.
Your little bird is adorable. God don't make no junk.
Myrna
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such great comments.
M

Mynn xx said...

So glad you've found us at 52CCT! We're thrilled to have you! I'd love it if you'd visit my personal blog, On a Stampage, too! I've got a blog candy give away going on and I'd be honored if you'd join in the fun! This card is absolutely STUNNING. I LOVE the simple layout and that stamp is gorgeously used! :)

None None said...

So beautiful - I love the image you used for your card and that bird is just gorgeous as well!

Payne Holler Cards said...

loved this stamp set from LOC - beautiful card!
and gorgeous bird - hope someone tells us what it is (-:

Lesley said...

I love the stamp you used Betty! This is pretty. Thank you for joining me at Merry Monday.
Smiles,
Lesley

LeAnne said...

OH. MY. GOSH!!! What a treat to click on your site to see your card and then be blessed with seeing a Baltimore Oriole at your feeder! We live in SE Pennsylvania and we see them in the summer occasionally, and my sister has had a pair at her feeder sometimes during the winter, but to see them at a hummingbird feeder is rare! I am interested in knowing where you live. I'm also going to send your link to my sister so she can see it as well! Thanks for sharing the MOST beautiful of God's creation and my favorite bird!!!
LeAnne
leanne dot pugliese @ gmail dot com

Colleen said...

Betty,
Love this card, I always like your Christmas cards, you have a great variety.

Colleen said...

Oh and I forgot to mention that beautiful bird. Sorry I'm still a bit out of from sinus stuff.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

The card and the bird are both beauties! I just found out the Dee will be in Cancun the end of Feb for a wedding and extended visit. Do you have any trips planned? LOL!

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful, that image is fabulous. I really like the colours you used. The bird is beautiful.

carol (krillsister) said...

Lovely card. I like how you embossed the card after stamping.

Kym Weber said...

Beautiful Christmas card! Really love the clean and simple look! Wonderful image!

Those birds are gorgeous! I don't think I would get any crafting done watching them thru my craft window.

Shelia said...

very pretty. great colors!