Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Make It Monday on Tuesday



This is my second post today. It's good to be back having fun creating -- I was in a bit of a funk for a few days last week!

Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday video was delayed until today but it was worth waiting for! Nicole shows us how to make a dimensional sentiment banner. Please check out her video because she can explain it much better than I could. I let the patterned paper do the work for my background but Nicole stamped a beautiful background and then added the banner. After adding my banner and the flowers I felt like my card still needed something. I added a pleated ribbon and even though I completely love the effect I don't know that I will do it again. It almost had me ready to scream it was so tedious. Anyone know an easy way to do this?????

My sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's Everyday Button Bits and don't you just love those light plum colored pearls -- I think they came from Michaels.

I'm going to save this for my mother-in-law's birthday. She can't see very well up close but this has lots of texture that she will be able to feel.

Betty

15 comments:

carol (krillsister) said...

Beautiful card. You did a great job with the sentiment. Love the color, Love the look of pleated ribbon, but my problem was the ribbon unpleating after 2-3 days. I was constantly fixing it.

Marybeth said...

Wow! Betty this is a gorgeous soft card. Love the ribbon and the colors you chose! Love that shimmer banner you made!

Lauren said...

Beautiful soft color palette! Great job on the challenge and I love the ribbon treatment. :)

Janice M said...

So soft and pretty Betty! Love those little roses. I've never tried pleating ribbon so can't help ya with any tips.

craftieodmae said...

it's gorgeous!!!! I lovwe the ribbon treatment you used. scor ta[e might help????

A Consuming Passion said...

Wow this is one beautiful card Betty ! Love it!

A Consuming Passion said...

Wow this is one beautiful card Betty ! Love it!

The Other Patti Sue said...

I love your sentiment ribbon! I have to try and maybe scream too!This is just beautiful!

Colleen said...

Betty,
The banner is just beautiful. I've never pleated a ribbon just gathered one.

bjmartin said...

Pretty and soft!

Helen F. said...

Beautiful card, Betty. Love that you used pp for the background (I wasn't clever enough to think of that :)
PS: Your pleated ribbon is lovely. I have used ribbon with wire edges and find it easier to fold.

Kim Heggins said...

So sweet...such an elegant and beautiful birthday card! The colors are so soft and beautiful.

Kym Weber said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the soft colors! And the plum color pearls are so pretty! Wonderful creation!

Suzanne Russell said...

Such pretty colors! The touch of green is a beautiful compliment to the lavender. The pearls on the banner are a lovely embellishment as well!

Tracey McNeely said...

This is so soft and pretty. The pearls are lovely.