Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Monday, January 9, 2012

Another Give Away from Melanie


You really need to check out Melanie Muenchinger's blog post here. She is giving away one of her latest stamp sets, "Make a State-ment" and also gives a very unique way in which to use the butterfly in the set. Here is her card:


Isn't her card fantastic???  The butterfly on my card is from Stampin' Up but it has a similar shape to the one in Melanie's set so I was able to take Mel's idea and make a card of my own. (When I win this set, I'll be able to use Mel's butterfly instead!!  I'm thinking positively, you see!) The sentiment comes from Melanie's set "Inspiration Mosaic". On the inside of the card I have used the birthday sentiment from Gina K. Design's set "Inside and Out". It says "May your birthday be filled with yesterday's memories, today's joys, and tomorrow's dreams." -- I love that!

I have to confess that on my first draft of this post I put my card directly underneath Melanie's and her gorgeous Copic coloring really washed my card out, so.....I decided to put the written explanation of my card first!! What can I say, she's the famous designer and I'm not!!

Here is the card I made:


This will be a birthday card for someone in our church and believe me, there are a lot of folks here with a lot of life in their years. My DH plays tennis with a fellow who just had his 91st birthday! And DH's tennis coach is 87 years old, walks a mile every day, then rides his bicycle for another mile, gives tennis lessons and goes out dancing in the evenings!! There's a lot to be said for life in Chapala, Mexico!!

Adios,
Betty

10 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I know I want to give the butterfly idea a try, also. This came out great, Betty! Sounds like you have moved to the perfect place!

craftieodmae said...

Betty this is amazing!!!! It's beyond gorgeous

The Other Patti Sue said...

You did an absolutely perfect job on this card!It's amazing!

Theresa's Studio said...

Your card is just as amazing as Melanie's. May have to try! Sounds like you may have landed in the Fountain of Youth!

Selma said...

Betty your card is gorgeous. I like the soft colors you used.

Colleen said...

Betty,
This is stunning! What a great design. Wow what a great life, got your dancing shoes polished?

Becky said...

This is gorgeous Betty, I love how these butterflies are grouped together.

Janice M said...

Oh what a neat idea! I think i have that same butterfly stamp that you used, might have to give it a try! Great card Betty!

Melisa Waldorf said...

LOVE how the butterflies are positioned!!!!! Fabulous cards!

Kym Weber said...

Your butterflies are just stunning! Beautiful embossing! You did a spectacular job! Absolutely love it!