Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Remember Happy Moments


Here I am, getting out of my box again! This is a one layer card and as per the challenge at Less Is More, it is a one layer card with a bird. All of the birdie stamps come from a Clear Art Stamps set that I bought used from Nina Bracket last year. Couldn't find a name for the set but there was a number on the back -- 139. The sentiment is Autumn Leaves, Remember -- got it on sale at Wal-Mart a good while ago. The name of the background stamp is Solid Block Group, by Stampabilities. Vicki Dutcher reminded me about the ink, spritz and stamp technique in one of her recent posts and this is what I did with the blocks (which is one large stamp, by the way).

Crazy 4 Challenges 119 is requesting a monochromatic blue card and Just Us Girls 119 has a technique challenge; they are asking for a collage card (mine is a collage of stamps -- I guess it could also be a collage of blues).

Last, but certainly not least, Stamping Together Divas has a love challenge. It can be a valentine or a love card. Along with "Remember Happy Moments", my card also says "Love Warms Every Nest". I thought that this might be a good card for a mom whose little bird is leaving the nest -- she has many happy moments to hold close to her heart and the joy of knowing that she provided a warm nest for that little one, who is now not so little any more!

Later,
Betty

23 comments:

Kerrie said...

Sweet card Betty, and just perfect for all those challenges....

Patti J said...

Very pretty, Betty! I think the blue monochromatic is so like a winter day, and the sweet birds 'warm it up'! Very nicely done - gorgeous card, and love the tehnique! Hugs...

Stamp with Angela said...

Love the blues in the background with the birds. Lovely card.

Myrna said...

Betty
Isn't wonderful sometimes when we have to step out of the box and something as lovely as this is the result?
Myrna

dee marie said...

Hi Betty! I just love this card. All the blues and the birds - a great "collagie" feel. Spritzing your stamp added a great effect to your card! A wonderful love card :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

WTG covering those challenges! Love the bird image -- very sweet! Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

This is just lovely, Betty! I adore the bird stamps you chose for you collage. It is so funny that you used that background stamp. I was just staring at some in my drawer that are very similar. I bought them to go with Shadow Inks that never saw much love. I must pull one out and see what I can do with it! Thanks for the inspiration!

Chrissie said...

Great shades of blue Betty and lovely bird stamps.
You haven't left a lot of white space for us at "Less is More", maybe three squares would have done the trick, but it's a fab card.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Scrapmate said...

Pretty card with a lot of birds.

Patti P. said...

I love this block stamp and the collage you created with these stamps....such a wonderful design.
hugs...

Colleen said...

Betty,
Such wonderful bird images. That block back ground stamp is a real keeper especially for your inchies that I love so much.

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is down right awesome! Love the blocks of blue and how you've stamped your images!

Lisa Kind said...

Lovely collage-stamped card! The images are darling and I like the monochromatic blues! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Becky said...

Betty, this is beautiful, love the colors.

craftieodmae said...

it's a winner in my book Betty!!!!

Melisa Waldorf said...

WOW!!! Betty this is FABULOUS! I love how you collaged all the different images together!

Mandi said...

Whilst there isn't much white space, those birds look super
FAB shades of
Many thanks
mandi
"Less is More"

Janice M said...

Great card Betty! I'll have to try that technique sometime! I seem to get stuck in a rut and forget there are some fun techniques out there!

Payne Holler Cards said...

oh I'm lovin all the blues with the birds! so pretty (-:
and thanks for joining us over at the Speedy Fox Friends challenge!

Cherie said...

Such a pretty card! Love all the different blues. Thanks for playing along with Crafty Contagion's love challenge.

Lynn said...

So clever how you created the blocks of colors in the background. Truly a fabulous one layer card! thanks so much for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

Kym Weber said...

Beautiful card, Betty! Love the softness of the blues and serene! Very pretty images! Fabulous job!

AmethystCat said...

great design and wonderful birds. Love Nina B stamps!