Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Get Well Wishes


I made this card several days ago and have been trying to get a good picture of it. The ones I took in the house didn't turn out well so this afternoon I took it out in the good Mexico sunlight and captured a better picture. I used a sketch from Eat, Sleep, Stamp; paper from My Mind's Eye, Simply Delightful; cardstock from Stampin' Up (Tempting Turquoise, Sahara Sand & Taken With Teal), a Martha Stewart punch (Arch Lattice), a Cuttlebug embossing folder (Swiss Dots), and a piece of turquoise satin ribbon. Stamps are from Martha Stewart (tree) and Stampin' Up (sentiment).

The guest bedroom in my rental home is decorated in turquoise; this card fits in quite well there, but I'll be donating it to the church to bring a bit of cheer to someone who isn't well.

Later, Betty

2 comments:

Myrna said...

Betty
Oh so pretty. Love the blue and the stripes, heck love it all. :)
Myrna

Melisa Waldorf said...

I LOVE that tree image!! Very pretty card.