Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Sugar Creek Hollow and Plumrose Lane


Well, everyone, today it's Patti Painter's turn! Although I'm not actually casing her card, she did encourage me to step out of my box and try a vintage Halloween card over at Sugar Creek Hollow. Her friend Sharon at Plumrose Lane is sponsoring the challenge this week and has a freebie for us to craft with. It includes two printable cards and envelopes; also a collage sheet of images. The link is at Sugar Creek Hollow.

I have made this card for my grandkids in Texas. The bats are for Ashton and the flower is for Brianna. Inside, I also have spiders for Ashton and a butterfly for Brianna. All digital images are from Plumrose Lane which I printed out and fussy cut. On both the front and inside I added a portion of a doily that I inked up with Momento Tuxedo Black ink. All of the images are popped up with dimensionals. The bats are flying, the flower petals are swaying in the breeze and the little kitty just wants to know what the heck is going on -- why is he sitting on a pumpkin with a crow, wearing a goofy hat!! The sentiment stamp is from Autumn Leaves, Forever. I have to send my hugs and kisses in the mail since I'm not there to do it in person!

Thanks, Patti, for making me do something a little different -- I'm sure the kids are going to love it!

Betty

9 comments:

Patti J said...

Awww....I'll bet those grands miss you like crazy! They will love getting this wonderful card from you! Great job, Betty! Thanks for sharing :)

Patti P. said...

My dear friend, you are so quick and what a beautiful creation you've turned out. Love the polka dot paper and the addition of the doilie. I am so glad you had fun creating with this set and I know Sharon will be as well. Glad you liked her blog, she has some super stuff in her shop and her blog stuff is so pretty. Good luck in her monthly giveaway. Your grandbabies will love your fun card.
Hugs to you, Patti

Marina said...

This is a lovely card , with a very striking design.

Theresa's Studio said...

You are so quick....I have not even printed out this great collage from Plumrose Lane and you have already created one beautiful card. You are a hard act to follow.
Your g'kids will love this.

A Consuming Passion said...

What a fun card Betty!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Well look at you go girl... this is just as cute as can be (0=

Cec said...

Fabulous card. I love the addition of the black doily to make it even more vintage spooky. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Hugs!
Cec

Colleen said...

Betty,
That air out there is doing wonders for your creativity! You rocked this one. What a great card.

Plumrose Lane said...

Love, love, love what you did here! Just too darling and I'm certain your grandkids will love it too! Thanks so much for participating ~
♥Sharon