Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Merry Monday on Festive Friday!


What a task this was, to get a good picture of an (almost) all white card with embossing and an iridescent ribbon! I think I finally got it, after taking numerous photos in different locations. This is my entry for Merry Monday Sketch 12, and here is the sketch:

I embossed my paper with a Cuttlebug embossing folder, Winter Wonderland; this is one of a set of six folders. The stamp is from Stampin' Up and the ribbon is from Michael's. Hope it puts you in a festive mood and makes you want to play in this challenge. Click on the link to get great inspiration from the design team.

This is my second post today; please see my previous post to take a trip to the Monday Market, where I sell cards to raise funds to benefit a home for older boys in our area.

edited to add: Well, I just realized that I totally messed up the title of this post. I had meant to save it to post tomorrow morning (Friday!) then got distracted and decided to do a second post today. Oh well...........

Betty

15 comments:

LeAnne said...

This is GORGEOUS! How easy is this, but what an effect!

Myrna said...

Betty
I LOVE THIS CARD !!!!!!
Love white on white.
Myrna

A Consuming Passion said...

What a great embossing folder that is Betty...Makes for a great card too.

Bonnie said...

Wow, Betty, this is gorgeous! I love white on white cards and you're right, they are hard to photograph. You managed it very well though.

Patti J said...

Oh so pretty! Betty, this is gorgeous. That white on white is so elegant - love it dear friend!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Love this Betty! Love all the white (0= I bet it was hard to get a good picture... looks like you did it though!

Janice M said...

Very pretty card! I like this layout alot.

Colleen said...

Betty,
The picture is beautiful and the card is awesome. I've never seen that folder?

Sandy said...

I adore this card - just so elegant!
sandy

Catie Cuddles said...

What adorable embossing folder and your picture is perfect! Well done!

Lesley said...

Absolutely stunning creation Betty!!! Love the white on white!

Wendy said...

Oh Betty~ This card is so pretty! I love the embossing folder and how crisp & clean it is done in all white! Beautifully done! :)

Shelia said...

I didn't get a chance to play in this week's Merry Monday challenge, but I did just go to Lesley's blog to see who won. Congratulations!! Your card is absolutely gorgeous!! Love it!

Danielle Vincent said...

Congratulations on your card being chosen the winner for challenge #11. It is absolutely stunning! Great job :o)

Melisa Waldorf said...

WOW! fabulous embossing folder! I didn't know about Merry MOnday. I just added them to my list!