Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Great is Thy Faithfulness



I made this card with the 100th sketch from Waltzingmouse Makes Blog. I don't have any of their products so I'll not be entering the challenge, but I enjoyed the sketch very much!

I will be entering my card at Word Art Wednesday. They post a free piece of word art each week but you can enter any card with an inspirational or encouraging theme. My card was made with a scripture stamp from a set by Taylored Expressions called Rest and Renewal.  This set has wonderful stamps from scripture.


Card stock is from Stampin' Up, patterned papers from a scrapbook kit called Great Outdoors. The little glassy embellishment is from Prima and has musical notes on it; I've been singing "Great Is Thy Faithfulness" all day!!

Hope you all had a wonderful day -- I did!

Betty

12 comments:

Mynn xx said...

What a beautiful card! LOVE the simplicity of it--the lacy edge is beautiful! :)

Karen Letchworth said...

What a beautiful card, Betty, and it just blessed my heart to see that you joined us this week. It's always so nice to hear from you! I hope you enjoyed making your card, and thanks so much for sharing it with us at Word Art Wednesday. I'm SO grateful!
Have a blessed day!
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Gemiel said...

Betty, your card is beautiful!!! Love the little glass embellishment and the punched border. Thanks for joining us at Word Art Wednesday this week!

Patti J said...

Another beautiful creation, Betty! I love the beautiful verse, and that pretty border is such a perfect finishing touch! Thanks for sharing :) I'll have to check out the Word Art Challenge!

Myrna said...

Betty
Very elegant card.
Myrna

Payne Holler Cards said...

Beautiful! I just added this set to my wish list ...

Becky said...

Great job on this sketch challenge Betty. Love this verse.

craftieodmae said...

all of your cards are always so pretty, this is no exception, love the verse too!

Boo and Kari said...

I love your verse and your card---simple, elegant, touching!

Janice M said...

That is a nice sketch! I don't have any of their stamps either.

The Other Patti Sue said...

That is a "wow" card! Love the sentiment!

Wendy Swenne said...

Love the clean and simple look to your card. The scripture really pops out.

Thanks so much for your participation!

Wendy