Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Friday, January 25, 2013

A Valentine Birthday



Here's another birthday card I made for my friend. Her son was born on Valentine's Day and she's always told him that he is her best valentine! I'm hoping that I kept the heart masculine enough that he'll like it. Both tags are popped up to give the card a more dimensional feel.

The sun is shining today so we'll probably have temperatures in the mid 70's. We broke down and bought a portable propane heater for the cooler weather. It can be moved from room to room and it takes the chill off the bathroom when I hop in my new tub!!!

Hope your day is filled with all things nice!
Betty

6 comments:

Theresa's Studio said...

Lovely Valentine...quite masculine. Glad to hear you have something to keep you warm in the "cool" weather. It was 1 degree yesterday but "Warmed" up to 14 today.

Patti J said...

Very nice, Betty! I know your friend will love it. Ha ha....we finally broke freezing! Got up all the way to 40 today! Felt wonderful after all the days below freezing. Glad you are enjoying that new tub! Hugs...

Myrna said...

Betty
Love the colors of this card. I am sure it will be "manly" enough.
So nice you are enjoying your tub.
Myrna

Janice M said...

Great card! I'm sure he'll Love it!!

redwasher1 said...

Beautiful card!! Great for a guy ! Your friend will love it.

Colleen said...

Betty,
I can't believe I'm this far behind. This is very cool he will love it