Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Monday, January 31, 2011

All Things Grow with Annabelle Stamps

I have another card made with my new stamp set from Annabelle Stamps. Made this one just to be making it -- no special challenge (I'm a little tired of "heart" challenges!) I bought a kitchen sponge and cut it up to replace my "real sponges" but I think a trip to the storage facility is in order. The kitchen sponge is better than nothing but doesn't come close to the real thing! We've been needing to reaarange in there since more of my MIL's things were added so tomorrow is going to be the day. Hopefully, "my day will be a special one" and I can find what I'm looking for -- may even bring home some of my designer paper if I can find it. May your day be a special one, too!!

Betty

9 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Your card is absolutely lovely Betty! I think I need that set... you do such wonderful things with it! Hope you find what your looking for in storage!

A Consuming Passion said...

Its lovely Betty .....love the muted colours you use! Don't forget to add it to the AnnaBelle Gallery!

Becky said...

Beautiful card Betty, the embossing goes perfect with this image.

craftieodmae said...

Right sponge or not, your card is absolutely beautiful as always!!

Theresa's Studio said...

Lovely card...love what you did with this stamp and such great embossing. And the colors and coloring is beautiful.

Colleen said...

Betty,
This is really pretty looks so spring like with the soft purple. Sponging looks ok from here LOL.
I hope you find your stuff in storage, I know you are really missing it.

Melisa Waldorf said...

Very pretty Betty! I love the lavendar and grey together.

Janice M said...

So Soft & pretty! I like the embossing folder you used, matches perfectly!

JustYolie said...

Lovely card, nice soft colors.