Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Friday, January 14, 2011

We're In Mississippi

We had a safe trip to Mississippi today; no rain, not much traffic, but I found out that it's a much longer trip when you have a 7 yr old and a 4 yr old along for the ride! Ashton and Brianna have been having lots of fun exploring new things here at my sister's.

Ashton's favorite has been the fireplace. He loves backing up to it and getting his back side all toasty and warm. A rocking chair in front of it works pretty well too!


Brianna has made a new friend here. His name is Biskit and he likes anyone who has a lap! The only trouble is, Brianna's lap doesn't stay still for too long at one time!


Later,
Betty

8 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Fantastic pictures, that fire does look inviting!!!!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Makes me want to go light one! Maybe tonight.... Bisket looks like a sweetie and I am sure is happy with whatever lap time she will give him. Glad you had a safe trip!

A Consuming Passion said...

Great pictures Betty! Hope you're enjoying a good time with family!

Colleen said...

Betty,
These are really cute pictures. That fire does look inviting I miss my fireplace but not the work of cleaning it.

Myrna said...

Betty
Enjoy!!
Great pics. Lovely fireplace and such a sweet pic of the little guy looking at it and Biskit seems quite content with what little lap time he gets.
Myrna

redwasher1 said...

Fabulous photo's!!! Enjoy your visit!!

Wordbird said...

Hi Betty! Sweet pictures! I'm with Ashton...nothing better than backing up to a warm, cozy fire! Praying you have a fun and safe visit! ;D

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Oh wow....that fire looks so yummy....sitting by the fire with family or friends, laughing, eating my favorite foods with hot cup of tea and making cards!