Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Monday, June 6, 2011

Restaurant Paintings


Hello, friends! Larry and I had lunch at a restaurant in Ajijic called Tango last week. The company was excellent (our friends Sharon & Ed joined us) and the food was absolutely delicious! Having been here before, I knew that there were some paintings in the ladies room that I wanted to share with you, so after our meal I headed to the back with my camera at my side.

The first painting is a real riot! When you "take a seat", this is what you see painted on the inside of the stall door................. oh yes, I am not kidding -- isn't this a hoot!???? Olga, I can just hear you laughing like crazy!!


This is the second painting I wanted to share -- you see such beautiful children here -- the big brown soulful eyes; you just have to stop yourself from hugging every sweet little one you pass by!

The last painting is one of a cat -- again, very soulful eyes. You see signs of such marvelous talent here -- from paintings, murals on walls of houses, decorative art pieces, beaded necklaces and earrings, beautifully painted and glazed vases, flower pots, etc. And that is just the tip of the iceberg! Thanks for letting me share another tidbit of my life here in Mexico! Hope you enjoyed it!

Betty

8 comments:

Kerrie said...

OMG this is hilarious, I've just showed all the girls at work.... so so funny... thanks for sharing...

Myrna said...

Betty
What a hoot the pic was but imagine that staring at you for any length of time.
Aren't those little babies so adorable?
Love the cat pic.
Glad you are sharing your time with us.
Myrna

redwasher1 said...

WOW!! Betty, what awesome photo's!!! Thanks for sharing.

craftieodmae said...

WOW all 3 are fantastic, yep, you know me to well, the first one cracked me up!!!! all knids of things ran through my mind LOL

Colleen said...

Betty,
Absolutely hilarious! what beautiful paintings these are I can't imagine all the talent there. I've been across the border a few times, but not that deep just the tourist side. I used to think don't they know the talent they have. It seems I was right the further you go the more precious pieces you find.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I just love vacationing through your eyes! Gorgeous painting are the second ones. Hysterical is the first.

Janice M said...

LOL!! OMGosh that is toooo funny! Love the picture of the cat!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Oh my goodness! That first one is crackin' me up!! too funny. We went to Gallery furnature a few weeks back. I wish I had had my camera. These people are crazy. they have a bunch of very tiny themed bathrooms that you can barely move in. And the walls are covered in memorabilla for that particular theme, and there small flatscreen tv's mounted over the doors for you to watch while you are taking care of your business. The video's on the tv's are about whatever the theme's are as well. Crazy. I was thinking that somebody has way too much time on their hands and too much money to spend, ha. But of course, I shouldn't be so critical. Maybe this is their art! too funny!