Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Sunday, August 7, 2011

For Someone's Beloved


Layers of Color is sponsoring the challenge at If The Shoe Fits -- Scrap It! The challenge is to use green or a green jewel in your project and ends at 9 pm EST on August 18th. My card is made with a base of Certainly Celery from Stampin' Up and a sheet of patterned paper (origin unknown). I stamped The Warbler by Layers of Color in So Saffron ink by SU onto white cardstock. There are so many types of warblers -- this is my attempt to color a yellow warbler using colored pencils and baby oil to blend. I cut out another leaf from the patterned paper to put in the upper left corner and also cut out the warbler. Then I stamped "Beloved" from the set, The Love Chapter by Layers of Color, on the leaf. Oh, by the way, I used Martha Stewart's border punch, Birds on A Wire, on the patterned paper, to add a bit of interest to the inside of the card -- totally cute! I will be going to to the States in mid November to visit family and plan to take a batch of cards to send to Operation Write Home. This will be one of them; I'm hoping that some soldiers' Beloved will be a fan of birds!!
Betty

6 comments:

craftieodmae said...

absolutely gorgeous, who ever gets it will love it!

The Other Patti Sue said...

I'm with Olga... stunning!

Colleen said...

Hi Betty,
This is my attempt to get back to the world! Love the way you colored this one and your magical pony is very special :). Glad to see you are doing so well.

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Oh such a pretty card, Betty! It's so soft and colorful...love it!

Jennie said...

Oh Betty, just love this and the soft colors. Great job!

Melisa Waldorf said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the most beautiful coloring of the Warbler I have seen so far!! WOW!!! I'm green with envy, teehee!