Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Saturday, August 20, 2011

New Colors for The Hotspot Challenge


The Hotspot Challenge has a range of beautiful new colors for Fall and Winter 2011 for us to use on our projects this month. The only problem is, all of my colors are all "old". Oh well, this is my attempt to use the colors Amberglow, Cedar, Coffee Liquour and Nougat.


This is an "any occasion" card since I didn't put a sentiment on front. I used a Martha Stewart butterfly punch and a paper pack from The Paper Studio, Poteeka Souffle. Also used a Stampin' Up scallop border punch and the two thin strips that were left over from punching both sides of the brown strip on the inside of the card (you can only see one punched side in the photo). My butterflies are glued only in the middle so their wings can be turned up.

Our gardener has planted some hibiscus plants for us, and we are hoping they will attract hummingbirds to our yard. They are small plants right now but have numerous buds that should soon be flowers. Here's one --

2 comments:

Janice M said...

Very pretty card Betty! I have that Butterfly punch too and Love it! Your flowers are so pretty too, hope you get lots of hummingbirds!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Great job matching the colors... absolutely beautiful card! Gorgeous flower too! We are moving in 2 days (0=