Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Butterfly Wishes




My card is made with the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches #22. Here's the wonderful sketch ---
If you'd like to play along, you have until noon PST on Monday, Feb. 20. I think you'll really enjoy working with this sketch!

I'd also like to enter this card in the Repeat Impressions: Leftovers Challenge. We were to use something leftover on our desk -- the butterfly  and sentiment were stamped and colored a while back but never make it onto a card. I think they were just waiting for this particular sketch and leftovers challenge!! The papers are from Basic Grey, Origins Paper Pad.

It's been a beautiful day of sunshine -- we were able to enjoy lunch at our favorite outdoor restaurant. When we returned home I enjoyed an hour and a half of reading on the mirador (roof) of our house, enjoying the lovely weather and nice breeze!

Bye for now,
Betty

11 comments:

dee marie said...

Hi Betty! Such a beautiful card - you really rocked this sketch! Thank you so much for the fabulous birthday card that you sent my way :) I love it and your wishes warmed my heart :) Thanks for thinking of me! Hope all is well with you - Talk to you soon!

Myrna said...

Betty
This is so elegant. Love it.
Myrna

Linda Callahan said...

Lovely!

LeAnne said...

Lovely image, Betty! That mirador sounds lovely!

My Creative Side said...

This is such a beautiful card!

Colleen said...

Betty,
This is a great sketch you found, Love the dp and how you used the banner to connect it all.

The Other Patti Sue said...

So very pretty!

Janice M said...

So pretty! Love the card in browns!

Lisa Elton said...

Lovely card! The leafy background goes perfectly with this butterfly!

Tui Nathan said...

What a wonderful card this is ... the papers are so pretty and that gorgeous butterfly ... fabulous!
Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Jen Timko said...

That butterfly is gorgeous!! What lovely papers in the background. So glad you joined us at FMS!