Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Thursday, August 30, 2012

A CASE Today


I was visiting blogs this morning and ran across this lovely card by Patti J. I was really drawn to the color and that beautiful negative die cut and the clean lines of her card which I'm showing you here.....


I had to stop and CASE her card immediately! I don't have that wonderful flower die cut that she used so I improvised with the flower nestability that I have. I also don't have Washi tape, so I used two different ribbons on my card. Another thing that I changed was the placement of the button -- because I don't have any "ocean misty" ink, I used turquoise for the sentiment which was a little bit off -- so the placement of the button on the ribbons seemed to make the ink color right for the card. Lastly, I used the smaller nestability dies to created a center for the flower. Here's my creation, thanks to the inspiration provided by Patti!

You can click on Patti's name and go to her blog, Cherish Each Precious Day to read all the details about her card.

Betty

11 comments:

Patti P. said...

Betty, I know what you mean, Patti's card made me want to try that as well.
Love your case of it and I think your changes are just lovely....really like the button placement. Great job my friend.

Patti J said...

Oh my gosh, Betty - can't believe you did this so quickly! Isn't it fun? and oh so fast!!! Your card is beautiful, and I'm so flattered that you cased me! Great job! Hugs...

Carol said...

SO PRETTY!!! Need to try this too.

Myrna said...

Betty
Such a clever little lady you are. This is so pretty.
I just might have to give it a try. (notice the key word being "might" -still no mojo.
Myrna

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Fantastic CASE of PJ's card! You both do such gorgeous work!

Colleen said...

Betty,
Wonderful job of casing! I love both cards.

Payne Holler Cards said...

ditto! love Patti's card and yours is also wonderful! quick, clean lines and lovin that any sentiment can be used TFS (-:

Janice M said...

Cute cards Betty! I like the way you used the negative.

Stacy Morgan said...

Very soft and pretty, your sheer ribbon is perfect. Great case.

redwasher1 said...

Beautiful card Betty!!

Becky said...

These are beautiful Betty. I love the colors on the first one :)