Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Monday, August 20, 2012

Merry Monday 29


My friend LeAnne inspired me with the card she made for the Merry Monday Sketch #29 challenge. I had to stop and made a card straight away -- with the new Fancy Tags 3 that my DH brought back for me on his quickie trip to Texas last week.

My card base is Vintage Cream from Papertrey Ink, Stampin' Up Real Red, and patterned paper from an old SU paper pack. Stamps and ribbon are also from Stampin' Up.

Here's the sketch from Merry Monday....

Click on the link to go over to Lesley's blog and see all the fabulous cards the design team came  up with this week. If you haven't started your Christmas cards yet, I bet you'll be inspired by the sketch and their examples!!

Had a new experience this past week. While DH was in Texas a friend and I went out to eat at a restaurant owned by a French gentlemen. My friend is German and when she saw that "tongue" was on the menu, she was so excited. She has told me in the past what a delicacy tongue is considered to be in Europe and she laughs because most North Americans made an awful face when she mentions it! Well, I have to admit, the thought of eating tongue has never appealed to me very much either, but adventurous soul that I am, she talked me into having a bite. It actually was not bad at all -- no wild or grainy taste -- after the first bite, I even took the second!

So long for now,
Betty

14 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Happy Monday, Betty! That was so nice of the DH to bring Fancy Tags for you! It looks wonderful on your Merry Monday challenge!

LeAnne said...

Oh, this is LOVELY! Love the sentiment and diecut! SO glad you were able to play.
I have a "tongue" story....growing up on a farm, we occasionally had tongue, and although it was not my favorite meat, I did eat it. When my mom returned to work, it was my job as a teenager to prepare dinner. One night it was tongue. I did okay until I had to peel the "skin" off....that did it; I have NEVER eaten or even looked at tongue again. GAAAHHHH! So my advice is: Eat it, but don't look at it!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Hi there Betty! Thought I'd stop in and say hi.

Wonderful colors on this card! C Ya!

Patti J said...

La la la la la....I can't hear you....Tongue? Ewwww........... Lovin' that card, though! Beautiful, and so classy! What a nice man you have, to bring you back such a wonderful present! Great card, Betty - have a good week!

Notes by Nina said...

Very pretty card, this is wonderful paper and I love the fancy tag. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

craftieodmae said...

gorgeous, you aced this challenge!!!

Colleen said...

Betty,
This is beautiful! Love that dp. Ignoring the tongue story..... LOL eeeeewwww
One one time Bob and I went into an authentic Mexican Restaurant,we saw they had tongue and brains on the menu. I could not leave fast enough. Still starving I settled for McDonalds.

Wendy said...

Very pretty card, Betty! Love the tag die and your pretty papers!
Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

Myrna said...

Betty
This is such a pretty card.
Wonderful DH brought home some gorgeous tags.
Myrna

Lesley said...

Lovely card Betty and the die cut is so elegant. Tongue hey...hmmm...I don't know if I could be as brave as you! Way to go! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

Carol said...

Very nice! Love the colors!

Becky said...

Beautiful card Betty. Love how you used the fancy tag.. You have a sweet hubby :).
My grandmother use to cook tongue on Sat. mornings. I would see the whole tongue in a pot and thought I would gag :), but when she got done with it, it was delicious..

Melisa Waldorf said...

No you didn't!!! The question is, who or what did this tongue use to belong to?? I have to say I have never heard of this, but I"m not very adventurous. My big food adventure this week was eating at Fudruckers and New York Pizzaria for the first time. teehee. We continue to seek new restaurants to try. Found an awesome Italian restaurant in Kingwood few weeks ago, Zammitti's. Very pretty christmas card!! Have a blessed week Betty. Hugs!

Bonnie said...

Wow, does your DH have good taste or what? And it's just perfect for this card! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!