Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Friday, August 6, 2010

Flower times 3


Only one card this time, but for two challenges.
1. StampTV Blast From the Past with Linda Payne (make a flower embellishment)
2. Paper Play Challenges #31 (recipe challenge: 3 flowers, 1 ribbon, 1 charm)
First of all, I'll tell you about the flowers I created. I used three different techniques, hence the three differing looks. The techniques are "smooshing", "scrunching" and "squishing"!!!! Seriously, though, I used a tutorial by my friend Geri Utterbeck that you can find here. I have tried these flowers in the past and was not terribly pleased with the result. However, Geri's tutorial contains what I consider the key ingredient -- misting the layers before beginning either of the above listed three techniques. It softens the papers and lends to much easier smooshing, scrunching or squishing! The flowers do look different and this was because of the different dies that I used for each.
Thanks for stopping by,
Betty

4 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is awesome! Love the 3 different flowers... way cool!

Monika Reeck said...

sweet flowers on your card....great charm too...sweet card..I just joining the Paperplay challenge too, my card is number 11 , would you mind to see my Blog?Many thanks before, hugs, Monika

Monika Reeck said...

Hi Betty..now my card is number 10 hehe...you are so funny dear...may I ask you, I am DT from the Daisy Doodles challenge too...would you mind to join our Blog Hop and the challenge making a western card....here is the links if you maybe like to join our challenge...http://daisydoodlescreativechallenges.blogspot.com/2010/08/saddle-up-pardners-blog-hopchallenge.html

Hugs, your new friend , Monika

Payne Holler Cards said...

i love this! havent had a chance to get over to STV - visiting some of my fav blogs that I dont get a chance to visit - going to try Geri's flowers tomorrow and so glad for the tip to mist the paper heavy...btw, thanks so much for entering over at STV, hugs!