Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Friday, September 16, 2011

CASual Friday with Annabelle Stamps


Hello, friends! I took a day off from crafting yesterday to go to Guadalajara with stops at Costco and Home Depot. I just love looking at hooks and all sorts of other gadgets at Home Depot; I even spied a soaking tub that may one day come to live at my house (we just have showers in our bathrooms now). Fighting the traffic in Guad was not exactly fun and we were sure glad to get back to our quiet home in Chapala!

Woke up this morning and while checking emails and Facebook, saw that Annabelle Stamps is hosting the challenge at CASual Fridays this week. The challenge is to make a Clean and Simple Mini card no larger than 4" x 4". My card is 3" x 3". I have a Cuttlebug butterfly die with matching embossing folders and that is the focal image of my little bitty card, with the sentiment  from Gina K. Designs.

Hope you can join in on this challenge -- the winner gets a $20 shopping spree at Annabelle Stamps and will have a hard time making a purchase decision, I'm sure! I've got my fingers crossed!

Betty

12 comments:

Annette Allen said...

beautiful card...love that butterfly.

Laura Davis said...

This is beautiful!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is super cool Betty! Perfect mini card!

Colleen said...

Betty,
How sweet this mini is! Love the scallops too!

Payne Holler Cards said...

so cute! good luck in the challenge
(-:

craftieodmae said...

absolutley gorgeous, love the butterfly GL!

A Consuming Passion said...

Fabulous Betty! Good luck in the challenge!

Patti P. said...

You nailed the CAS in this one. Just the perfect things on this card. Great job and good luck.
Patti

Selma said...

You have created a gorgeous card with that pretty butterfly. What would be do without Costco and Home Depot? I love to go there too.

Wordbird said...

Love this card, Betty! It's clean, fresh and beautiful. Your embossed butterfly adds wonderful texture!
Hugs! ;D

Lisa Elton said...

Adorable Betty, love the embossed butterfly!

Dana said...

So soft and pretty. I love the clean lines and the added texture of the embossing. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!