Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Thursday, February 7, 2013

3 Candles



My card today was inspired by sketch # 72 from Freshly Made Sketches. The image is from Papertrey Ink, designed by Lizzie Jones; it is a freebie to celebrate their 6th anniversary. Check out the link; there's a page of wonderful images you can download and print.

Also, wanted to share a little "color" from the village of Ajijic here at Lakeside.....


Aren't the colors in those blankets gorgeous? And look at the size of that tree in the background!! That's me in the foreground; it was still a little chilly that day -- I had to have my jacket and long pants! Very nice, warm and sunny today, though -- I'm in my capris, short sleeve shirt, and sandals!

Adios,
Betty

11 comments:

Patti J said...

Hush now, Betty! No talk about sandals...lol. Your card is adorable! Those blankets look wonderful, and that tree is massive! Have a great day - enjoy your sunshine, my friend :)

Linda Callahan said...

Your birthday card is sweet as can be! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

Myrna said...

Betty
Wow what a gorgeous tree and the cute lady in front. Amazing blankets.

Myrna

Myrna said...

Sorry Betty I forgot to mention your card. I have just had surgery on my face and my brain is in pain mode but I liked the card. The way the background came together it made me think of the ocean.
Myrna

Payne Holler Cards said...

Love those blankets....and you in sandals...don't you want to join us freezing and knee deep in snow LOL
Your card is adorable. I've just looked at all I've missed, enjoyed them all....(-:

Colleen said...

Betty,
Love your candles, they look paper pieced. Wonderful happy colors in those blankets. That tree is massive, glad you get to wear sandals. Someone has too!

Jen Brum said...

Very sweet birthday card Betty! Great image! Love those soft colours! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Becky said...

Wonderful card Betty, love the paper piecing of those candles.
And yes, those blankets are gorgeous!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I always love stopping by to visit you. The cards are always great, but I love the little bits of you life you share. You look fabulous, as do the colorful blankets!

Cindy Hall said...

Beautiful colors and such a lovely card! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Girl I bet you are loving that weather!! Hasn't been a bad winter here at all. We were having a lot of days in the 70's in January. Wowzers, that's a huge tree! Cute card and the polka dots are a great design choice for the cute birthday candles!