Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Turquoise Butterfly



I've been working on the Make & Take that I'll share with our card making group the first Saturday of next month. I love this little card and I'm sure they'll all be excited about making it. I don't know the name of this card -- I had one that my daughter had given me and I got the measurements and all other particulars from it. If you know the name, please let me know. I'd like to share a link to a tutorial. By the way, it is a turquoise card -- (my camera always makes my turquoise look blue).

I may not know the name of this card but one thing I do know -- it's awfully hard to get a good picture of it unfolded!! The wind was blowing when I was trying to take the picture and the little guy just kept falling over!! Anyhoo, here are a couple of shots that I was able to get........



Have a blessed day,
Betty

9 comments:

LeAnne said...

THis is gorgeous! The colors are so happy, and it's such a fun fold!!!

craftieodmae said...

Love it!!! Fantastic layout and the butterfley is gorgeous!

Myrna said...

Betty
What a stunning card. Love the turquoise.
Going to be waiting for the tut. LOL
Myrna

:: BlueInks :: said...

What a fun fold! The colors are perfect for sunny weather. Think spring!!!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Sorry I don't know the name, but it is a fantastic fold. I am sure they will love to learn how to make it. That is quite an ambitious project!

Colleen said...

Betty,
Love the spring colors and that amazing fold. Great job getting that one pulled off. Looks like it's a combo of several different folds. The top part looks like a tri fold and not sure about the bottom, but I sure do love it.

Becky said...

Beautiful card Betty. Gorgeous colors and love the fold.

Jennie said...

Sweet card Betty and LOVE the fold!!

Janice M said...

Oh i Love this card! Such a pretty color and butterfly!