Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Mistakes or Opportunities?


My card for today's post came from the sketch challenge at Card Positioning Systems. I've had this cute little ladybug(?) made up for some time, just waiting for the perfect card. Well, I made the card but it wasn't quite perfect. I didn't get the image positioned in the center so I had to add a bow! Isn't it true that mistakes are opportunities for embellishment!!

15 comments:

Lea L. said...

Such a pretty card!! Love that lady bug image...it is so elegant! Thanks for playing at CPS this week!

♥Lea

Kerrie said...

Very pretty Betty, love the ladybug....

A Consuming Passion said...

And what a pretty bow!!! Love the size and shape of your card Betty - makes a nice change.

Donna Baker said...

what a beauty! welcome to the wonderful world of blogging, Betty!!

craftieodmae said...

awesome! I love lady bugs

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Ladybug, Ladybug, fly away home...... This is so sweet, Betty.

Carol said...

Very pretty,Betty. Never would have known you made a mistake. Love the colors and the ladybug makes me anxious for spring!

The Other Patti Sue said...

So cute Betty! I love those opportunities!I agree with Carol.... ladybugs..... spring!

Helen Dooley said...

What a cool card. We all cheat when we make cards. Errors have made some of the best cards.

Banu said...

This is soooo pretty :)

dee marie said...

Hi Betty! You were absolutely right about the blogs! Now that I have it started, I am so excited! Your blog looks great and I love this lady bug card!

Selma said...

I love ladybugs and your card is so pretty. I would never have known you made a mistake. The bow is a perfect addition. So happy you have a blog now.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! Love the pp and the gorgeous stamp! :) Thanks for playing with us at CPS!

Unknown said...

oh wow, what a beautiful stamped image! love the color palette here too! great take on the CPS sketch this week!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty Betty.