Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Day Blessings

Good Evening! Hope you've all had a beautiful Christmas with family and friends. We went to church this morning and were so completely blessed by a musical presentation by five talented members of our church family. They presented the musical "Behold the Lamb of God" by Andrew Peterson. Several of the songs made me tear up but there was one titled "Labor of Love" that really had me boo-hooing! It described Mary's ordeal of giving birth and just almost ripped my heart out! I am sharing a link where you can hear this musical presented by the author. If you don't have time to listen to the whole thing, please take time to listen to Labor of Love -- I know you'll be deeply touched.

http://www.andrew-peterson.com/players/btlog/

Here is a picture of our pastor and his wife, Bob and Judy Hendrick (on either end), Patrick DuMouchel who did most of the singing, Eric Callis on guitar, and Miguel Nguyen who sang the "Begats" of Matthew Chapter 1. He was just precious and I marvel at how he remembered all of those names!

Betty

3 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Thanks for sharing Betty! Off to give it a listen!

Colleen said...

Betty,
I'll have to catch that one later getting ready for work. What a wonderful way to spend your day.

Melisa Waldorf said...

What a wonderful Christmas! I will have to check out the link. Thank you for sharing it Betty.