Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Flourishes Feminine Flair Challenge

Hello friends! I have been busy lately getting the Christmas tree up and decorated and just getting caught up from  being away for two weeks. I have finally had the urge to create a card today, and it came with a challenge from Flourishes.

This is copied from their blog~
HOW TO PLAY: Lace, pearls and flouncy ribbons – these are the things that make up a creation with a truly feminine flair. That’s what is at the heart of this month’s challenge. To enter, let’s see how you add a dose of femininity to your cards or creations! Link your project up here (below using our inlinkz widget). If you upload to SCS, please use the key word FLLCDEC11. Use Flourishes stamps if you have them, but if you don’t please play anyway! The winner will recieve our entire December release. You have until December 16 at 5 PM Easterm time to submit.

Wouldn't it be wonderful to win the entire December release??? And if you don't have Flourishes stamps, you can still play in this challenge -- I bet if you win some, you'll want to get more and more!

Here's my card:

This beautiful Victorian lady is an image from Graphics Fairy. All I had to do was print it and cut out with Nestabilities. Adding the rhinestones took a little bit of time but the job was made easier by using Embellie Gellie. I finally got the Fancy Tags dies when I was in the States at Thanksgiving; I sponged with SU Bordering Blue and used a portion of a stamp from Annabelle Stamps "Ballerina Rose" for the sentiment. Oh yes, the stick pin is from an old corsage.

Good to be stamping and playing with paper again!
Betty



13 comments:

Patti J said...

Betty, this is gorgeous! Good luck on the challenge!!!

Brenda said...

Betty this is so beautiful and elegant!!! Good luck!

Myrna said...

Betty
One word-FABULOUS!!!!!!
I love every bit of it.
Myrna

Patti P. said...

Just a gorgeous vintage card and definitely girly...good luck. I love Flourishes.

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous, it's a winner to me, good luck!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Absolutely gorgeous girl! So feminine!

Archana Joshi said...

I love the vintage look. Beautiful card you made.

Becky said...

wow Betty, this is gorgeous. Love the image and lace.

Julie Koerber said...

Not sure you could get more feminine than this one Betty! You nailed this challenge for sure with a beautiful creation! :-)

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

She is a vision of vintage loveliness!

WhyCuzICan said...

Very pretty use of the victorian lady from GraphicsFairy :) Nice job Betty :D


Visiting from BRAG MONDAY at Graphicsfairy :D

From Chilly NW Illinois,
Suzanne at WhyCuzICan

Stacy Morgan said...

Fabulous.... Vintage beauty! Thanks for playing in Flourishes Challenge! Merry Christmas!

Colleen said...

Betty,
This lady is heavenly as is your card. Love the feel of the card and very lady like.
Thinking about this challenge, but that is as far as I've gotten. I hope I have a chance to play. Because of your great flourish cards I've done some looking over there and really like a lot of their stuff.