Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Timeless Tuesday Challenge


Here is my card for the Timeless Tuesday Challenge at Flourishes. Click on the link and it will take you to the tutorial that Beate has written to make a  telescoping image for your card. I used the Paperwhites set from Flourishes, stamping on watercolor paper and then cutting with Nestability Petite Large Oval dies. I used a waterbrush and watercolor crayons to color my flowers. Next I adhered each layer with dimensionals and painted the background with Twinkling H20s, so it has a nice shimmer. Next I dry embossed the background panel and added a wide sheer ribbon at the side and a pretty satin bow at the top.

This was a fun technique; hope you'll join in with me on this challenge.
Betty

10 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Betty! What a gorgeous card! Love the telescoping Paperwhites and the embossed background looks awesome! Thanks for joining along with FTTC :) Happy Holidays!

Myrna said...

Betty
I really like this. You have done a great job.
Myrna

Beate said...

Betty, y0ur card looks wonderful! I love the stamp set you used.

Thank you so much for trying out the technique and participating in the Timeless Tuesday Challenge.
Hugs and smiles

Colleen said...

Betty,
Yours turn out beautiful! This was really fun, although I might just have to visit my copic refill station after getting mine finished.

craftieodmae said...

this is awesome!!!! You aced it Betty!

The Other Patti Sue said...

OH MY Betty! This is totally awesome! Beautiful job my friend!

redwasher1 said...

WOW!!!!! Betty, this is so GORGEOUS!!!
Merry Christmas, my friend!!!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

eeks! so truly gorgeous - love your coloring..will have to try this tech

wanted to wish you a very Merry Christmas and happy healthy New Year!
2011 was really something wasnt it...so now looking forward to 2012(-:
hugs dear friend
Linda

Greta said...

Lovely card! I'm wishing I had that stamp!

Theresa's Studio said...

Betty, this was a great creation for the challenge. You did a beautiful job with this technique.