Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Bears for Brianna


My card today is a Valentine card for my 3 year old granddaughter Brianna. I have four Valentine bears on a shelf in my closet, in varying sizes. Each time she is over here she asks me to get the bears for her to play with. The image is from Nina May at There's Magic in the Air, challenge hosted by Sue (Tillymint). Sue, my project had a mind of its own and I ended up without the tag and without the stitching!! Am I terrible, or what??? Linda Payne gave me the inspiration because she resized the images for her project. After printing the images, I colored them with markers and cut them out. The sentiment oval is cut out with a ProvoCraft die and attached with a shiny brown ribbon. I am also entering this card in the DareU2Digi Challenge to use hearts or valentines and a digi image. I know Brianna will love the bears and we'll have to wait and see if it makes her thinks of the bears at my house!!

Betty

15 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Betty I know you made a card not a tag but I love the idea of a family of bears and hope Brianna enjoys it too!

Colleen said...

Betty,
Brianna will love these little bears:) great job on you card.

dee marie said...

Hi Betty! I just know that Brianna is going to love this! Your layout is great with the different size bears :)

The Other Patti Sue said...

You know sometimes creativity takes us in different directions... this turned out absolutely adorable! I'm sure Brianna will love it!

Carol said...

So cute! Isn't it fun to make cards for gkids! Have a great day, my friend.

Danielle said...

What a wonderful card you made. Thanks so much for sharing what you created with Nina's gorgeous image! I'm sure your granddaughter will love it!
Hugs, Danielle

Patti J said...

Awww...your Brianna will dearly love this! What a great job you did with so many of Nina's cute little bears! Can't wait to see what you do NEXT week! Thanks for joining us at TMITH/PCC this week - hope to see you again next week!

Nilla said...

Oh, gorgeous! Great idea, they look so charming the bears! Thanks for playing with us this week at TMITA/PCC! Hugs Nilla

Gloria Westerman said...

Oh Betty, this is gorgeous.....and cute at the same time......love it.....

redwasher1 said...

Betty, this is adorable and very creative!!

Theresa's Studio said...

Love the bears...how creative!!!

Selma said...

Betty your card for Brianna is very cute. I love all the different size bears and colors you used. I am sure she will love this card.

Nina said...

Betty, I am sure Brianna will certainly think of the little bears she asks to play with when she sees it. Isn't that the fun thing about digis is being able to resize them!! Your card is just adorable and I love that they are all differnt in color, is that the color of the bears she plays with? super cute!! Thanks for linking this so we could enjoy it as well! :O) Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week over at TMITA/PCC! Hope to see you next week!
Nina
TMITA Blog
(free digital images)
Paper Cupcakes-Stamps

Kim Mc said...

Oh so CUTE!!! I love the bear family in different colors, so adorable. Thanks for playing with us this week at TMITA/PCC! Can't wait to see what you do with next week's challenge!

Aloha, Kim
TMITA/PCC Design Team member
Check out the free weekly digi!

Chris said...

Such a cute card and a very sweet image. Love your colouring and design too. Thanks for joining us at DU2DS this time. Chris :)