Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Emboss Resist Leaves


Sketch Challenge from Just Us Girls
Colors from stampTV Color Challenge (sage green, yellow, black and white)
Technique from Papertrey Ink (emboss resist)

My card base is Stampin' Up Sage Shadow; I've also used SU So Saffron, Basic Black and Whisper White. I cut a smaller layer of Sage Shadow and embossed it with Cuttlebug's Bird Call Folder. The strips of So Saffron are also embossed with a Cuttlebug folder, Swiss Dots. I stamped the leaves from Martha Stewart's Leaf and Branch with Versamark and then embossed it with clear embossing powder. My next step was sponging Sage Shadow and So Saffron over the embossed leaves; finally wiping the ink from the leaves. I rifled through my 12x12 sheets of paper to find something I liked for the other circles. The stamp is by Stampin' Up and if the light is just right, you can see that I embossed a smaller leaf inside the thank you stamp. Let's just say that it is very subtle!!

See you in a bit with another post.

Later, Betty

8 comments:

Payne Holler Cards said...

oh I can see the little leaf! now you did an incredible job on this - I think this is a tough technique...your paper choices nailed it!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a pretty card Betty! You did a great job combining both challenges. Great take on Tracey's sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls - hope to see you next Saturday!

Andrea M said...

So pretty! Love the emboss resist technique! Great job on the sketch.

Unknown said...

Very pretty and soft! Love this technique too :)..Thanks for taking the time to play along with Just Us Girls this week - your creation is LOVELY!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is awesome Betty! That leaf is incredible!

joy said...

Sophisticated card! Love that touch of black.

AKiteFlier said...

Beautiful card Betty - great color combo - you did a great job of combining challenges. Thanks so much for supporting Just Us Girls and for playing along with our challenge. Hope to see you again next week.

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Fun emboss resist. Great job with the JUGS challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.