Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Friday, February 5, 2010

A Square Card


Hello friends! The sketch for this card is from Jennie Harper over at stampTV. I had a lot of fun with this sketch, and even though my card is CAS, it seemed to take longer to put together. Still, I think it was worth a little extra trouble!! Embellish Magazine extended a challenge to use turquoise, brown, and pink and to add ribbon and I loved working with these colors. Hope you enjoy them and my card too! Oh, yes, I cut out my ovals with Nestabilities and the stamp is from the set Friendship Blooms by Stampin' Up.

Betty

PS Be sure to take a look at my friend Dee Marie's birthday blog candy to the left of this post. She's having a birthday next week and wants to gift a special someone with some stamping goodies. Click on the photo to go to her blog and enter!

7 comments:

Jennie said...

Great card Betty! Nice job combining the two challenges...

craftieodmae said...

another beauty Betty!!!!

Theresa's Studio said...

Great use of colors and sketch. Lovely!

The Other Patti Sue said...

So cute Betty. Love your bright colors!

Kym Weber said...

Absolutely beautiful, Betty! The colors are wonderful together! Awesome job!

Betty Wright said...

This is adorable, Betty! Great colors and design! Lovely card!

Payne Holler Cards said...

love these colors! this is a beauty!