Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Thursday, February 25, 2010

MMSC42 and Dragonfly Card Drive


I am very excited about my card this evening. I just love the sketch from Midnight Madness and the way this dragonfly card turned out for Taylored Expressions Card Drive! I downloaded the dragonfly image, printed and cut it out. The card base is Lemon Drop Pure Luxury Paper by Gina K. Designs; other solids are Stampin' Up's Close to Cocoa and Very Vanilla. Found coordinating patterned paper, added a shiny ribbon and a brad, and called it done! This worked up fairly quickly and since I now have measurements, I think I'll make several more with this same sketch for the card drive. Hope you're all having a wonderful evening and for those of you getting more snow, stay warm!

Betty

7 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

I love this Betty! Love how your background paper mimics the dragonfly wings... way cool!

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Betty - I love this dragonfly and the way you have paired it with the DP - fabulous! Great use of the sketch - loving it - they are going to love it at the card drive!! Thanks for finding the time to join us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week - we love to see your cards and hope to see you next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Carol Hurlock said...

Betty, you have worked your magic with the sketch. That dragonfly is spectacular. You have used the background paper to it's full potential in making this such an outstanding creation. Good luck with the card drive. Thanks for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Priscilla said...

Your card is awesome..the dragonflies wings look great with the angles of the bg papers.. Looks fantastic :) Oh I just wanted to let you know to mark your calendar for March 5th because that is when the Midnight Madness will be doing a huge giveaway. It will be a blog candy style with comment entries only. No card making on this one, but I really do not want our regular players to miss out on the opportunity to win. You will not be sorry you entered. As always, thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenges with us. We really love checking out all our entries work each week. p.s. Sneak Peek is up

Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

This is a pretty one, Betty! Good luck with the challenge.

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Oh wow, very different and that is exciting for me! I like your dragon fly, very original and the colors are wonderful too. Thanks for playing at Midnight Madness. I have a RAK on blog (blog candy) that is still open if you are interested. Thanks, Jane

MMSC DT

Sue said...

What a beautiful dragonfly image. We have a pong in our yard and they come to the pond all summer. Love the pale yellow card, really makes the image pop on the paper. Thank you for joining us this week at the Midnight Madness Sketch challenge. Your card will surely be a hit at the card drive.