Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Challenge Cards


Hello all! I took the entire morning and played with my stamps and paper! I tackled a number of challenges and want to tell you about them.
Citrus Card: Flourishes Timelss Tuesday Challenge 52C and Card Positioning Systems152. The Fourishes challenge is to make a birthday card using fruit or citrus colors. CPS is a sketch challenge. The card base is Cameo Coral by Stampin' Up and I used 12x12 paper that had no info. Stamps are Stampin' Up, Tart and Tangy. Sentiment is computer generated. Birthday greeting are inside.
Get Well Deer: Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge 52E (use same link as card above)and Scrapbooking and Crafting Friends Weekly Color Challenge. The Flourishes challenge was to "Frame it Up!" and the Color challenge was to use Brown and White. The paper I used is Gina K. Designs Pure Luxury Base Weight White for the card base, and Sizzix Little Sizzles Hombre Texture Pad. The frame is from Pam Lefors Design and the stamps are Stampin Up's Natures Silhouettes and Gina K. Design's Say It With Flowers, Melanie Muenchinger, illustrator.
Fairy Bear: Teddy Stampers challenge was to used dry embossing on your card, along with a teddy bear image. I used Stamping Up's Perfect Plum for my card base and Pale Plum which I embossed with Cuttlebug's D'Vine Swirl. The fairy bear is a digi image and I cannot locate where I found it; the same for the pretty little circle with border behind the bear. If you know the designers of these pieces of art, please let me know so that I can give credit. I added a bow at the bottom to finish it off!
Well, I had a blast this morning but now must get to chores. Maybe I can get back to the fun stuff this evening!!

Betty

11 comments:

Jennie said...

These are all so cute Betty! You have been busy :o) Love the way you framed the deer, it just is so pretty, but then they all are!

Theresa's Studio said...

You are a Busy BEE! Love the cards.

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh you have been a busy bee! Super sweet cards!

Kerrie said...

What a busy little bee you have been! ... your mojo is in overload.... go girl....

A Consuming Passion said...

Oh yes busy hands are happy hands!!!! Love them all Betty

Colleen said...

Betty,
what a wonderful group of cards! I love each one the fruit one has a great design and the dear is so majestic and the cute bear who doesn't love bears!

craftieodmae said...

wow Betty, you have really been busy! I absolutely love them all!!!!

Sharon said...

Hi Betty, thanks so much for taking part in the Teddy Stampers challenge, your card is absolutely lovely. Hope to see you back again. tons of hugs, Sharon

dee marie said...

Hi Betty! Wow, you have been super busy! All three cards are beautiful but I am particularly fond of the get well deer - I just love it! Thanks for stopping by my blog :) Our closing date is set for April 20th as of right now, but we may move it up a bit if everything keeps going as smoothly as it is! I will keep you posted! Have a wonderful weekend!

Payne Holler Cards said...

oh my, these are each so adorable - I'm also partial to the deer card (because I love deer!)
you can really knock them out!!!

Dee Jackson said...

Thank you so much for playing in the FTTC52C. What a wonderful fun birthday card!