Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Painted Pony in a Circle


Good Evening to all my Stampin' Friends!! This card is my entry in There's Magaic in the Air Monday Challenge. Selma has challenged us to use lace and a circle along with one of Nina's images. I have chosen Painted Pony -- I just love coloring this little guy. I used my Bic markers and the color scheme from a page of my favorite My Mind's Eye paper. You'll find this paper in the corners with the ProvoCraft die cuts, for the little butterfly and also as a border around the Spellbinders Shapeabilities ribbon tag. A paper doily is used to simulate "lace" and the circle was cut from Brocade Blue Stampin' Up card stock. Little "pearls" form the butterfly's body and the card base is SU Cameo Coral. Hope you like it!!

Betty

12 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Hi Betty - great job with Selma's challenge I love the pretty colours you used matching your dp. Good luck with the challenge!!

Theresa's Studio said...

Lovely colors that you chose for this image! Such a pretty card.

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is so cute! I love him colored in pastels! Thanks so much for playing along with us at TMITA/PCC!
~Hugs~
Patti

Payne Holler Cards said...

love all your colors and adorable little butterfly!everything matches sooooo perfectly!!!

Selma said...

Hi Betty. I'm so happy you joined in on the challenge. Your card is so cute. I love the pastel colors. I like the butterfly too. Look forward to seeing you next week.

Nilla said...

Fabulous coloring! Love it! Thanks for playing with us this week at TMITA/PCC! Hugs Nilla

Kim Mc said...

I think this is absolutely wonderful!! Love your color scheme and layout! Thanks for playing along with us this week at TMITA/PCC, hope you can make it back next week too!

Aloha, Kim
TMITA/PCC Design Team member
Check out the free weekly digi!

CraftieConnie said...

An adorable card, Betty!

Patti J said...

Hi Betty! Great job with Selma's challenge! Love the image you chose to use, and you have done a beautiful job on your card! Love it! Thanks for joining us at TMITA/PCC this week! See you next week!

craftieodmae said...

Fantastic card!! Great image too. Thanks for joining in with our challenge this week at TMITA/PCC, look forward to more of your talent next week. Hugs Olga

Danielle said...

Beautifully done! I love the lace around the circle and your colouring of the painted pony is so pretty! Thanks for joining us at TMITA/PCC this week!
Hugs, Danielle

Nina said...

Oh this is soo pretty... all the soft colors are soo nice and lovely!! beautiful card!! Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week over at TMITA/PCC! Hope to see you next week!
Nina
TMITA Blog
(free digital images)
Paper Cupcakes-Stamps