Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Manly Hearts


This card will be entered into four challenges:
Our Creative Corner Sketch Challenge

Our Creative Corner Challenge to make a masculine valentine card

Crazy 4 Challenges to use a valentine theme

Our Daily Bread Designs Shine the Light Challenge to use hearts

My cs colors are Bordering Blue, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa and Ruby Red by Stampin'Up. The stamps are also from SU, and I've used some red and brown brads for accent. The Close to Cocoa background paper has been embossed with Cuttlebug's Bird Call folder.

If you like challenges I'd recommend that you check out one or all of these -- you just might have some fun or win a prize!

15 comments:

craftieodmae said...

4 cahllenges!! WOWZERS! I love it. Also love what you wrote on my blog, I love the movie Beaches, one of my faovrites! I too thought that when I named it the folder Holder LOL

Sabrina Jackson said...

Betty, this is such a sweet card!!! Thanks so much for playing alng our firt challenge over at ODBD this week. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Payne Holler Cards said...

awesome to meet 4 challenges! I am still laughin at your comment over on Olga's blog....

CraftieConnie said...

Very pretty in Pink, Betty! Nice job!

Laurel said...

Love it, love the embossing! thanks for playing at OCC.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so pretty!! I love all the embossing. Great combo of challenges. Thanks for joining us at Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light challenge.

Grace said...

What a great masculine valentine! Love your take on all the challenges and thanks for playing along on the ODBD Shining the light challenge!!!

Rose said...

perfect male card! luv it :)

thanks for joining us on the OCC Sketch Challenge this week :)

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Wonderful guy valentine. The red on brown is so rich looking. I like the rustic texture of your embossed panel too. Wonderful job on the challenge. So happy you could join in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner!

Jennifer Stricker said...

Lovely! Wonderful use of the embossing folder. Thank you for joining us at OCC, hope you play with us again.

Angella D. Crockett said...

What a fun design! It is tough to make a masculine valentine...you pulled it off beautifully!!! Thanks for playing in the ODBD challenge this week!!! God Bless!!!

Simply Shaz said...

Lovely card :)
Thanks for joining in with us at OCC :)
Shaz x

Rose said...

Your card is so pretty! I really like the embossing! Thanks for joining us at OCC this week!

Jennifer Meyer said...

H Betty :) Your card is beautiful, wonderful color combination and I LOVE the masculine design!

Thanks for playing along with our weekly sketch challenge over at Our Creative Corner & the OCC masculine challenge!

Hugs & Smiles, Jennifer :)

Patter Cross said...

Love the kraft paper and embossing. Wonderful card! Thanks for playing along with the ODBD challenge!