Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Hello from Texas


I made this card for the Flourishes "What's Your Cup of Tea?" challenge to make a card inspired by your favorite beverage. Well, mine is Pepsi and the colors on the can inspired me to make this card with the Texas flag.

The sketch I used is from Card Patterns.

Card stock used is SU Night of Navy, Real Red and Whisper White. I printed the flag and the sentiment from my computer and used a SU 1/4" punch on the word HELLO and its shadows. Nestabilities were used to cut out the circles and the ribbons are from Gina K. Designs.

More later,
Betty

7 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Great card! I love every little thing about it!

Carol said...

Love this Betty!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

OMGosh, Betty....... I just love this card! It's just too perfect with the Pepsi inspiration!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very cool and fun! Great take on the pepsi can!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my WOW! This is couldn't be more perfect! I love the design. Now I need to go check out Card Patterns. Good luck with the challenge!

Julie Koerber said...

This is too creative for words! Love the layout and can see the inspiration loud and clear! Fabulous!

momof5sons said...

How delightful! Love your inspiration and the result. My Aggie DIL in Maryland would love to be back in the Lone Star state.