Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Valentine Treats



Hi! Just wanted to let you know what I've been working on today. Valentine's Day is coming up and with my daughter going back to work, I volunteered to make the treat holders for Ashton's kindergarten class and for Brianna's day care class. I've burned out on traditional Valentine themes (having done a number of challenges lately) so I decided to make non-traditonal valentines. Looked through my freebie folders and found lots of fantastic animals. I failed to write down the source as I was pulling them but tried to go back and find them again so I could give credit. I may have missed some; I'm truly sorry if I did. Here's all that I could find -- Amerigo Mundi, Cuddlebeez, GTC's Crafty Corner, Pam LeFores, Pink's Poetic Scraps, and Scrappers Emporium. They were already colored so I cut my time considerably!! Thanks, also to Splitcoast Stampers for the tutorial! By the way, the treat inside is a little bag of Zoo Animals Fruit Snacks -- how appropriate is that with the animal theme of the holders!! Betty

12 comments:

craftieodmae said...

These are just adorable!!! The kids will love them.

A Consuming Passion said...

Oh these are just gorgeous Betty!! What a good Nanna you are!

The Other Patti Sue said...

These are sooooo cute! Love the non-traditional valentine images!

Theresa's Studio said...

Such a great idea...animals are so cute. What fun for the kids!

Donna said...

These are adorable, Betty. And how appropriate with the animal fruit snacks. I just love making these little holders to give away! Thanks for commenting on my win over at Flourishes. I was surprised but thrilled to win. Especially the fruit challenge. I did all the challenges and that was the card I liked the least. LOL! Anyway, thanks so much for stopping by.

Colleen said...

Betty,
These are adorable! I sent non traditional Valentines out this year too!

Brenda said...

Super cute Betty!

Kerrie said...

Hey Betty, they are super cute, the kids are just going to love them... i'm a big kid (LOL)

Kym Weber said...

Wow, Betty! Fabulous Valentine's! Absolutely love them. Fabulous job!
Hugs, Kym

Jennie said...

These are adorable Betty! Nice job :o)

Sliekje said...

Hi,
thank you for watching my blog :-)
You're cards look lovely.
I hope you will have fun using my digi stamps.
greetings Sliekje

dee marie said...

Hi Betty! These Valentines are super cute!! Thank you so much for the awesome birthday card that I received in the mail :) The hidden message is perfect!! I hope all is well and I will talk to you soon!