Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Cards for Fun


Here's my second post today. This happy little butterfuly image comes from GTC's Crafty Corner. I colored it with my Bic markers and added a little aqua brad to the center of the flower. Card base is Lavender Lace by Stampin' Up and the Elegant Eggplant piece is embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder. The darker aqua textured paper is from Sizzix Little Sizzles Cardstock Brights. Sentiment is SU's Polka Dots and Paisley glued onto a couple of pretty purple ribbons!!

My next card came about because I had a bit of Pam Lefors' musical score paper left over from my Golden Wheat card. The image is from Flourishes Little Drummer Boy and I colored it with the Bic markers after embossing in gold. Cut it out and attached to the card base. Quick and easy!

We had the most beautiful day here north of Houston. Temperature was in the 60's and the sun was shining. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't turn cold again. Also hoping that Spring will soon find all of you in the north who have had so much snow this year!

6 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Both cards are incredible Betty! Love the big butterfly and I can't believe you've already made a Christmas card! Have a great evening!
~Hugs~Patti

JanieB said...

Wondeful cards Betty as always, love the colours of the butterfly, and the christmas card is fab... it so simple to look at and so effectively christmas... brilliant..

Hugs Janie xxx

A Consuming Passion said...

Great cards Betty!

craftieodmae said...

both cards are very pretty!

CraftieConnie said...

Both cards are fabulous Betty, but I just love how you embossed in gold your drummer boy!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Great cards, Betty. Thanks for your wishes for warm in the north. We are suppose to see 50's this weekend and it will be so nice! Have a wonderful weekend, my friend.