Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Sunday, March 28, 2010

March-ing With the Troops


Hope you enjoy my card today. It was made for Kym Weber's son Travis who is serving in Afghanistan. I took this picture six years ago when we first moved into our new house. The doe and her fawns were out front off to the side and posed so beautifully for me as I took their picture from the front door. I have taken thousands of deer photos since but this remains one of my favorites. I sure do hope that Travis will enjoy it too. Wishes for health, safety, and thanks go with it for Travis and all of our military in service to their country!

8 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

That is one of my favourites Betty! Love this picture.....you are so lucky to see a scene like this so close. I'm sure Travis will enjoy your card.

craftieodmae said...

Anothre beauty! You take such awesome pictures!!!! Travis will love this.

Jessica said...

Beautiful Betty, and thanks to Travis, and all the other guys and gals over there!

Cynthia said...

This is an incredible photo, Betty! You are fortunate to have this kind of wildlife outside your front door.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Dee and I are sitting here and we decided that you take the best photos ever. I see why this is one of your favs! It's amazing!

CraftieConnie said...

Gorgeous Picture, and it certainly made for a beautiful card, Betty-Rose! Travis will love it!

Lynn Mercurio said...

A beautiful card and what a wonderful way to support our servicemen. Well done!

Selma said...

I would say that would be one of my favorite pictures too. We have lots of deer around us but have not seen a mom and two babies together. I am sure Travis will love it.