Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Thank You, Patti!


Well, I have to sing out a big ole "Thank You" to Patti today! And luckily for everyone, I'm blogging it rather than singing it!! I've not been feeling good today, having a bad sinus headache and haven't felt like doing much of anything. However, that changed when I read Patti's blog. She had an inspiration picture for the Color Dare challenge and a lovely CAS card that she had made. Put me in the mood to create! And I knew that I wanted to use the Our Creative Corner sketch along with the color dare to use Baja Breeze, Ruby Red, and Whisper White. I used two different punches, Martha Stewart Double Loops and Fiskars Read Between the Vines. My stamped images are Stampin' Up Take Three (for the sentiment) and a Studio G clear stamp from Michael's. Found the patterened red and white papers in my scrap file and used a comparable Baja Breeze color from a Little Sizzles paper pack from Sizzix. I hope that my card with brighten someone's day just like Patti's did for me!!

Betty

10 comments:

Janice M said...

Great card Betty! Hope your feeling better tomorrow!

redwasher1 said...

Betty, it did brighten my day, thank you I love your card!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Thanks Betty.. I'm glad my card made your day cause it was a little different than I usually do! I LOVE your card, and Thanks for playing along with the Color Dare!

Kerrie said...

Hey Betty, hope you get better soon, I just wish I knew the names of my papers and punches..... your card bought me a big smile.... has really brightened my day. Kez

A Consuming Passion said...

Ooh Betty beautiful Card!! What would we do without Patti - she's a card making machine!!! (I mean that in a nice way lol!) Love your card yes it brightened my day!

Theresa's Studio said...

What a bright card...so cheery! And that's no fooling!!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

How very pretty, Betty! I do so love this color combo!

LorettaL said...

I just love the folk art feel you have achieved here!!!


Thank-you so much for joining us with the OCCC this week!

Silke Ledlow said...

Wonderful take on the colors and the Sketch!!! Hope you'll feel better soon!!!

Thank you for playing the OCCC with us!!! Hugs ~S~

Liz Williams said...

An adorable card making great use of the colors. Thanks for playing along with the Color Dare challenge.