Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Sunflower Speaks


The caption says "When words escape, flowers speak." I guess that means that I don't have to write anything else -- the flower will say it all! However, since they probably save their voices for more important subjects, I will give you the recipe for my card.

I have used three stamp sets from Gina K. Designs, illustrated by Melanie Muenchinger for this card -- A Year of Flowers, Pressed Flowers and Say It With Flowers. Card stock is also from GKD, Sweet Corn, Pumpkin Spice and digipaper. Also used Stampin' Up Very Vanilla card stock and inks Summer Sun, More Mustard, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Olive Green and Really Rust. The cuttlebug embossing folder I've used is Bloom Dots. I made this card for the sketch challenge at Card Positioning Systems.

Some of our favorite Gina K. Design illustrators are sponsoring the challenge at CPS this week. Go on over to check it out and participate.

Betty

8 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

I absolutely love,love,love that sentiment! It say's it all! Gorgeous card GF!

Kerrie said...

Just love the sentiment..... oh, agree with Patti, say's it all!

Brenda said...

Fabulous card Betty!

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous! I love the sentiment!!!

Theresa's Studio said...

Congrats on your win at CCS! Love this card.

Payne Holler Cards said...

love your card!!! and a BIG CONGRATS for win over on CCS!!! so looking forward to seeing you over there in April {{{hugs}}}}

Janice M said...

This is very pretty!! I need to try this sketch!

Miesje said...

Very pretty card - love the sentiment!