Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Volunteer Cards


I've been working on cards for church nursery volunteers today. I included a sampling for you to check out. The middle card is made with Stampin'Up stamps, Baroque Motifs and Lovely Labels. The topiaries were stamped with Papertrey Ink's Everyday Button Bits and SU's Thank You Kindly. DP is Simply Delightful by My Mind's Eye and SU's Very Vanilla was cut out with Spellbinders Labels Six and Ribbon Tags Trio.
It's been a totally gorgeous day today here. Temperatures in the 70's; my hubby took me out to eat lunch at The Fish Place; we had fried shrimp, catfish, onion rings and steamed vegetables. Unfortunately the veggies don't cancel out all that fried food on the "bad for you" scale but it all sure tasted delicious! Hope you've had a wonderful day too!

Betty

4 comments:

Patti J said...

These are all wonderful, Betty! Your volunteers will love them. How nice of you to recognize their efforts! Wowza - your DH sounds like a 'keeper'! Yummy, lunch sounds dreamy! Have a good night...

Kerrie said...

Glad to hear you have lovely weather, and what a wonderful husband you have ... been taken out for lunch. Your cards are really pretty, and I'm sure the volunteers will love them.

Donna said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog, Betty. Love your newest cards and I bet the nursery volunteers will also! Weather was beautiful here also today but tomorrow we're supposed to get rain. I'm at a conference for work for the next two days so raining while I'm stuck inside is not such a bad thing. Have a wonderful Thursday!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Your cards are as scrumptious as your lunch sounds! Yummy,yummy,yummy!