Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Saturday in the Seventies




Now, I'm not talking about the decade, but the temperature! It was a lovely day and I walked around and saw evidence of new growth on many of the trees and plants. Wildflowers are beginning to peek out too, along the roadways. I've been having sinus problems so these are probably the culprits, but I'm still so glad to see spring coming!

Couldn't let the day pass without making a card, so I decided to do one for an Embellish Magazine challenge to use fabric and the colors Red, Kraft, Blue and Green. The apples on the white and blue striped material is the fabric, which I adhered to a piece of cardstock and cut out with a nestability. I used Cuttlebug's Candy Cane Stripes embossing foldervto emboss the kraft paper. All papers and ink are Stampin' Up (Kraft, Night of Navy, Real Red and Garden Green)
A navy ribbon was used along the side with tiny pearls. Larger pearls were used in the corners, colored blue and green with Bic Markers.

Hope you had a wonderful day too!
Betty

9 comments:

Kerrie said...

Just love spring ... all the new growth. Your card once again Betty is gorgeous.

dee marie said...

Hi Betty - what a sweet apple card! I love the use of fabric! So happy yo see your signs of spring! I am so ready for that myself - we are currently in the middle of a rain storm (4 inches or more). Hasn't stopped since Friday. They were saying on the radio that if is was colder and the rain was snow, we would be getting over 40 inches - it's a good thing it's warmer :) I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

That is such a fun card, Betty! Dee pretty much told you the whole story, even though we live 2 hours apart. (she and I) Isn't good to feel the warmth on your face?

The Other Patti Sue said...

I love your spring pictures! Your card is adorable! Love the apples!

redwasher1 said...

Love your photo's and your card is just lovely!!

Maile Belles said...

Very cute and what a very creative use of fabric! So glad you could join us in the Embellish challege!

Mariana Grigsby said...

Betty, your apple card is great! Thanks for playing along with us!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Sweet apples! Thanks so much for taking on an Embellish challenge.

Traveling Mama said...

Yay for good weather! Love those apples!