Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sassy Cheryl's Card Patterns



I hope you all like this card as much as I do! The digi image is from Sassy Cheryl's . I made the card for their first challenge to use green. The sketch is from Card Patterns54. The image was colored with Bic markers. Glitter was added to the rabbit's cheeks and ears and then was covered with Crystal Effects. Crystal Effects was also added to the boots (they needed to be waterproof -- you know, for hiding eggs in grass damp with dew!!) Next, I cut out the rabbit and adhered him to the card stock rectangle with pop dots. The little butterfly is part of the digi image but I chose to add it to the upper part of the card (to go along with the sketch). Firstly, my "old eyes" didn't want to focus as I colored this tiny image. Next, I punched it out but then decided that it needed to be cut out -- what was I thinking???? Somehow, it survived my scissors and I glued it to some elastic type string. It will most likely be an Easter Card for one of my grandkids but I'll wait to add the sentiment to the inside of the card when I decide for sure!!

Sure hope he gave you a smile,
Betty

13 comments:

Cynthia said...

Cute bunny! Your grandkids will love it, Betty.

dstandard said...

What a fun card! Thanks for playing at Card Patterns!

Payne Holler Cards said...

it gives a HUGE smile! love it!!! now I need to go get that rabbit !!
my grandaughter would love him TFS!!!!

The Wired Angel said...

I love this image and you did a fab job on this for our challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sassy Cheryl's!! Hugs, Peggy

redwasher1 said...

This is so cute!!!

Kerrie said...

Cute image, just love the image....

Alina said...

Lovely card, Betty, the image is so beautifully coloured! Thank you for joining us!
Hugs, Alina

Sudha said...

So cute.

A Consuming Passion said...

I just won this image Betty......it makes a great card ....love yours.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Really made me smile! Reminds me of my sis Carol... she was all arms and legs growing up! Love that image... I'm heading over with Linda and getting it! LOL! Have a great Sunday GF!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

You were sure right about loading a cute bunny, Betty! He is adorable and I just love his waterproof hiding boots! It was so wonderful to hear your voice yesterday.

Tracy said...

Super sweet card.
Thanks for joing us at Sassy Cheryls!
Tracy

Ann English said...

Wonderful card, Betty! Thank you for playing at Sassy Cheryls!