Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Monochromatic Birthday Card


Happy Saturday Morning Everyone!! I am posting a card that I made for Vicki's sketch challenge at stampTV. I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't get back to sleep so this is what I did. I didn't plan for it be a monochromatic card but that's what happened. Some times surprises are good things! The card base is Pure Luxury Moonlit Fog by Gina K. Designs and the dp is from Pam LeFors Designs. I used Nestabilities Labels Six to cut the shapes in the middle and highlighted with a bit of gold and copper metallic rub-on paste. Embossed the sentiment in gold and punched with Stampin' Up's small oval punch.
I'm so glad to hear that temperatures in the north are coming up!! Enjoy the day, Friends!!

Betty

4 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous card!!! I love it, that gold paste is awesome, don't have any but may need to shop for some LOL.

Kerrie said...

Hi Betty, been a bit slack lately on the comments, but I've just been through all your recent cards, and they are just gorgeous.

A Consuming Passion said...

Wow Betty, these last couple of cards you've made are awsome I think this style is very you!! Love this one for Vicki's challenge.......need to look out for some of that paste too!

Payne Holler Cards said...

those middle of the night cards can just be the best!!! this is soooo elegant! i havent ever worked with this paste either...hmmm, something new to learn (and spend money on LOL)