Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Monday, March 15, 2010

Recipe Card


This is for a challenge at Phindy's Place at Papercraft Planet. We were challenged to use two of her images merged together (either by cut and paste or digitally). I managed to get them to merge in MS Word -- don't know if I could do it again, though, so don't ask me how!! The images (the border is one image) were colored with colored pencils and baby oil to blend; sentiment was hand written. I thought it would be really neat to use to send a recipe to a friend. I have receipes that I've gotten from friends over the years and it's so nice to think of them each time I use their recipe!! By the way, I got the handcarved pieces of wooden fruit (or veggies -- not sure which!) in Bali, Indonesia. I loved trying the many different types of fruits and veggies when we lived in Indonesia!

Thanks for coming by,
Betty

4 comments:

Ann English said...

Terrific job, Betty! So glad you played and aren't you proud of yourself!

craftieodmae said...

well you did get merging the 2! Turned out fantastic!

Payne Holler Cards said...

this is so cute! I am hoping to do this challenge to ...just found Phindy's and think they are so adorable.

The Other Patti Sue said...

So adorable! Great merging! I have a hard enough driving and merging.... don't think I could do it on a card!