Hope House Home for Boys

The cards that I sell here in Chapala and Ajijic, Mexico benefit the dental program for the boys at Hope House in the nearby village of Ixlahuacan. There are close to 30 boys at the home and many of them come to the home having received no dental treatment. If you live here at Lakeside and would like to order a quality, hand crafted card for a special occasion and help me contribute to this worthy cause, please e-mail me at bettyinchapala@yahoo.com Card price is 50 pesos; the entire sales price is donated to Hope House.

Followers -- Some of my favorite people!

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Make Mine Pink


I was in the process of making this little box with a template from Lauren Meador of My Time Made Easy for the Just Us Girls Challenge when I was delightfully interrupted by a phone call from online friends Kerrie from Australia, Connie from Canada and Olga from Virginia. We just had a wonderful time laughing and joking with one another. All three are close friends whom I've never met personally but love just the same! Do any of you use Skype and your computer to talk to long distance friends? I have a hard time with reception in the area were I live but I can hear everyone else and I type a message in from time to time. When I took my laptop outside they were able to hear me for a little while but the deer were looking at me funny! Anyway, I did finish up the little box and will enter it in the JUGS26 challenge to use a template and Gina K's Inspire Challenge on stampTV to "Make it Pink".

10 comments:

Kerrie said...

Your box turned out beautiful.... with all that laughing, I never though it would have got it finished.... great chatting ... sore jaw today!

A Consuming Passion said...

I've just been hearing all about your Skype chat and how close I was to a phone call at 1am this morning! So glad you managed to complete your box it is adorable!! Good luck with both challenges.

craftieodmae said...

You did a great job with the box!!!Hope you win both challenges! Remember Blanch, stand on 1 foot LOL. Love you too GF!

Mona Pendleton said...

Betty, this gift box is so Pretty in Pink! I love it - absolutely gorgeous! Now, head on over to the Just Us Girls site & link this up!!! Thanks so much for playing along & for all your support with Just Us Girls challenges - I can't wait to see what you create in all the future challenges :)

The Other Patti Sue said...

Super cute! How fun that call must have been! My sis is getting my skype set up when she comes to visit!

Sam said...

So pretty in all of it's pink glory! Great job on both the challenges. I love that spotty organza ribbon. It adds such a soft finish to your template. Sam.

Jessica said...

This is so pretty! Very girly! TFS

Maria said...

Fabulous box! So cool you chatted with your online friends, that's fabulous! Thanks for playing along with JUGS this week.

AKiteFlier said...

Betty this is precious! Love that it's all pink and frilly. Yes I use Skype all the time to chat with my DD in Germany! It's a life saver and makes the world seem a whole lot closer. Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week. We appreciate it.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Well now, what fun you all must have had. That Olga can be the life of the party! So glad you got your box completed with all the woo ha's going on. It is really girly and adorable.